Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

How Long Have You Been Searching For S.A.R.A.H? (Serenity,Acceptance,Respect,Accolades,Happiness)

For many years I have been searching for S.A.R.A.H.  I was wondering what it was that I have been stalking for so many years. I stated in a previous blog when you allow a question to rest and it is no longer a distraction eventually the answer will reveal itself.  When I finally allowed the question to rest I was blown away at what was revealed.  For years  I have been searching for "The American Dream" also known as S.A.R.A.H. Everyone seeks some form of serenity. Billions of people search for acceptance every day.  Whether it be from their peers or careers it's often a huge factor in motivating decisions.  Respect will often attach itself to acceptance because people often pair the two.  Many believe that if they are accepted by their peers and society that will ensure respect.  But we often forget that respect starts within if you do not respect yourself first no one else will.  Close on its heel is accolades we often look for physical accolades to define who we are. And then there is happiness. Often happiness is attributed to the many accolades accomplished.  People tend to look at only the physically tangible items within their lives.  All these years many have searched for S.A.R.A.H never stopping to understand the meaning of S.A.R.A.H. Never once have I contemplated in my journey that I have met S.A.R.A.H several times. Movie nights with my daughter offer serenity. My input being requested at work offers acceptance. When children say "yes please" and "no thank you" that is respect for me.  Watching my daughter's eyes light up when I let her help me cook is a huge accolade for me.  Being able to wake up every day with a clean slate is happiness for me.  So, I ask you today are you searching for S.A.R.A.H and if so how is that working for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment