Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Confirmation or Coincidence- I wonder?

My day has begun and I feel so full of new beginnings.  I have not blogged in a few days. Simply, because I am just now digesting what I have learned the past few days.  Lately, I feel like my life is coming together nicely.  As, I stated in my first blog I cut  my hair.  Sunday, I was invited to attend a meeting for women with natural hair.  Truly, I did not think I would find many women there- I was wrong.  There were plenty!!! I thought that I would feel out of place and overwhelmed. Surprisingly, I felt connected to these beautiful women. They were embracing their naturalness and individuality in such a confident way. As, I write this blog I am thinking back to Sunday because I awoke feeling different about myself.  Its funny but I woke up feeling extremely sexy and beautiful!!! I had decided that morning that I will always awake this way. It was the first day I truly embraced my short hair and liked everything I saw. I felt like I no longer need such attachments as my shoes and clothes  to define me. That first glance of beauty will forever be etched in my memory.  I think that morning I saw how other people have probably seen me- far longer than I have.  Do not misunderstand, I did not think I was ugly. But I did not believe I was beautiful either.  Sunday, I looked at me for the first time ever. It is hard to explain what I saw because sometimes beauty is simply unexplainable. It was more than what I saw. It was a feeling, taste and a touch that I felt upon that first glance.  It was wonderful!!!  Was this a confirmation or a coincidence that I met such a strong and beautiful group of women. Right, when I discovered the beauty within me.  Hmm, I wonder?

No comments:

Post a Comment